Five Bedroom Detached House For Sale in Dodford, Northamptonshire
If you’re looking for a family home with great space inside and out, this is a property you need to view.
The property sits in the heart of the much prized village of Dodford surrounded by open countryside views and benefits from the peace and tranquillity you would expect from this Northamptonshire village.
To the ground floor you have three reception rooms, a lounge, sitting room both with feature fire places, and a separate dining room which has French doors leading out to the rear garden, kitchen/breakfast room and the bonus of a separate utility room and a cloakroom.
To the first floor you have five bedrooms (four are doubles) with two en-suites and a replaced family bathroom.
The gardens wrap themselves around the property giving you a wonderful family space (there is even a designated play area) and plenty of private off road parking, there is a large double garage with a room over which with a little work would make a great home office space that would benefit from countryside vistas, what a lovely place to work!
Dodford sits in the west of Northamptoshire and is a great location if you need to commute, the A45 and A5 run along each side of the village and junction 16 of the M1 is only a ten minute drive away, also Long Bucky mainline station is only up the road.
The village also boasts a Grade 1 listed church, the nearest amenities are in the neighbouring village of Weedon (which you could easily walk to if required) which include a doctors surgery, dentist, Tesco Express, several public houses and restaurants and many boutique shops.
Daventry, Northampton, Rugby and Milton Keynes are all in easy reach by car if you need retail therapy !
Below are some of the reasons the current owners have loved their home :
– An extremely versatile house with three receptions, five bedrooms and space over the garage.
– We love cosy winter evenings with the log burner ablaze.
– Super size useable garage with plenty of space for storage. It is ideal for a classic car enthusiast or as a keen hobbyist’s workshop.
– Such a tranquil and peaceful place, there’s virtually no sound of traffic and you wake up to nature’s birdsong.
– It’s surrounded by countryside with some lovely walks from the doorstep.
– Very friendly and caring villagers with regular events such as a fish and supper -and film nights in the church.
– There’s an annual traditional village fete to support the local church.
– A beautiful annual Carol service in the church with the amazing Daventry brass band, such an atmospheric evening.
All in all, this has been a great family home for the present owners, and just waiting to start its next chapter.
The measurements for the property are as follows :
1.91m (6’3") x 1.42m (4’8")
4.25m (13’11") x 3.32m (10’11")
5.80m (19′) x 3.94m (12’11") not inc fireplace
3.63m (11’11") x 3.29m (10’10")
5.13m (16’10") x 3.38m (11’1") max
2.44m (8′) x 1.80m (5’11")
6.68m (21’11") x 6.03m (19’9")
4.16m (13’8") x 3.41m (11’2") max
2.62m (8’7") x 1.71m (5’7")
4.53m (14’10") x 2.77m (9’1") max
1.83m (6′) x 1.79m (5’11")
3.92m (12’10") x 3.67m (12′) max
4.12m (13’6") x 3.56m (11’8") max
2.73m (9′) x 2.51m (8’3") max
1.98m (6’6") x 1.79m (5’10")
- Five Bedroom Detached
- Two En-Suite Bedrooms
- Three Reception Rooms
- Parking For Several Vehicles
- Double Garage
- Large Gardens
- Potential Office Space
- Utility Room
- Village Location
- Countryside Views